The Student News Site of Whitworth University

The Whitworthian

The Whitworthian

The Whitworthian

2011 factbook shows enrollment

Whitworth’s annual factbook, formerly known as the 10-day report has been released, showing enrollment and student body statistics.
The main point covered in the report is the fact that enrollment is down across the board.

According to the report, issued on Sept. 27, institutional head count is now down 3.5 percent at 2,886 students.

The number of full-time matriculated day enrollment is 2,167 students, down from 2,202, showing the school’s cutback on admission and the number of acceptances.

Beyond that, though, enrollment in graduate programs is at 258 students, down by 10.7 percent.

In the area of graduation and retention, the six-year graduation rate (i.e., The rate for the 2005 cohort) is 80.3 percent.

This marks the seventh consecutive year the six-year graduation rate has exceeded 70 percent, and it is the highest in Whitworth history.

The retention rate from the first-to-second year dropped from 85.4 percent to 83.4 percent.

Class sizes have shrunk, allowing professors more time with each student and allowing more space in the dorms.