The Student News Site of Whitworth University

The Whitworthian

The Whitworthian

The Whitworthian

In the Chambers: Feb. 15

Hello fellow Whitworthians! (Cliché enough for ya?) As you can see, there has been a bit of a curve ball thrown to ASWU, but we’ve been able to hit a home-run by adapting to the change and to keep serving you with to the best of our abilities.

As you may know, I am now to be serving the remainder of the year as President.

We also recently installed Christine Whiteaker, Senator of Ballard and Cornerstone halls, as the EVP for the remainder of the year. In all reality, this won’t change the day-to-day operations of ASWU and it won’t affect your lives too dramatically.

A bit about me: I’m a senior accounting major with a Spanish minor. I’ve worked in Game Management, at the Boys & Girls Club and previously in ASWU as Secretary, EVP, and now, obviously, President.

I have cheered for football and basketball for the last four years in a uniform, and all of the other sports out of uniform. I also lived in Ballard Hall for three years.

I love to eat, drink coffee, and waste my time on Pinterest and Words With Friends, and watch the latest Bachelor or Bachelorette season. Let’s be real here: You also have fallen prey to those distractions.

Alright, enough about me. What I really want to do with this column is to assure you that ASWU is work- ing hard to serve the student body with effective and efficient leadership.

A lot goes on behind the scenes that aren’t visible to the greater population and your peers really work hard on top of school and other commitments. I couldn’t be more proud of them. They really pour their lives and passions into being the best they can be.

We are also open to feedback, of any kind, and I want to extend the offer to feel free to offer us feed- back on how we have done and what you’d like us to do for the remainder of the year. My office door is almost always open up here in the Chambers and I would love to hear what you have to say about anything on campus!

And while we’re at it, consider running or applying for an ASWU position for next year. We have positions for every type of person under the sun. Go online and check out all of the jobs!
Until next time, adios amigos!

Contact Melinda Leavitt at [email protected].